Hundreds of domestic workers with Hong Kong locals and expatriate supporters joined the One Billion Rising dance organized by MIGRANTE International and GABRIELA Hong Kong at the Chater Road in Central, Hong Kong. This event was held in solidarity with the One Billion Rising global strike campaign lead by Eve Ensler to put an end to violence against women all over the world.
HONG KONG — Filipino migrant workers organizations accepted the apology of Hong Kong’s legislative council member Regina Ip Lau Suk Yee for her “discriminatory and sexist” comments made on Filipino domestic workers and they want better working conditions and treatments for all migrant workers. GABRIELA Hong Kong, United Filipinos in Hong Kong and BAYAN [...]
Migrant workers held a rally in front of the office of Hong Kong lawmaker and exco member Regina Ip to protest and demand for her to apologize for her racist and sexist comments on Filipino domestic workers. Below is the joint statement of GABRIELA Hong Kong, United Filipinos in Hong Kong (UNIFIL-MIGRANTE-HK), BAYAN Hong Kong [...]
- Filipino migrants welcome Ip’s apology, call for better treatment
- Migrants protest denounce Regina Ip’s racist and sexist comments
- OFWs react to Regina Ip comments
- HK migrant leaders lobby Indonesian consulate for Mary Jane Veloso
- Dr. Michael Manio explains about the Service 100 health seminars for OFWs