Hundreds of domestic workers with Hong Kong locals and expatriate supporters joined the One Billion Rising dance organized by MIGRANTE International and GABRIELA Hong Kong at the Chater Road in Central, Hong Kong. This event was held in solidarity with the One Billion Rising global strike campaign lead by Eve Ensler to put an end to violence against women all over the world.
The Government announced today (September 30) that the Minimum Allowable Wage (MAW) for foreign domestic helpers (FDHs) in Hong Kong will be increased by 2.4 per cent, from $4,210 to $4,310 per month. Under the Standard Employment Contract for hiring FDHs, employers are required to provide FDHs with food free of charge. At present, [...]
OWWA Administrator Rebecca Calzado explained the new law called OWWA Act 108001 which provides rebates for those who has a 10-year contribution to OWWA but has not availed of any OWWA benefits for ten years. The new law takes effect on May 31, 2016. Implementing rules and regulations would be consulted to OFW [...]
- Minimum Allowable Wage and food allowance for foreign domestic helpers to increase
- New OWWA Act provides rebate program for OFWs
- UNIFIL-HK sponsored OFW dialogue with Labor secretary Silvestre Bello III in Hong Kong
- OFW organizations dialogue with Labor Secretary Bello at Hong Kong University
- NOPT Briefing on Licensure Examination for Teachers at POLO