Hundreds of domestic workers with Hong Kong locals and expatriate supporters joined the One Billion Rising dance organized by MIGRANTE International and GABRIELA Hong Kong at the Chater Road in Central, Hong Kong. This event was held in solidarity with the One Billion Rising global strike campaign lead by Eve Ensler to put an end to violence against women all over the world.
For the past two Sundays, more than 1500 Filipino migrants in Hong Kong have signed up for the People’s Initiative Against Pork led by the Bagong Alyansang Makabayan – Hongkong and Macau Chapter. The PIAP is an effort by various anti-corruption organizations in the Philippines to pass a law that will abolish the pork barrel [...]
Sa pagbabago ng educational system ng ating bansa, mula sa 10-taon na pag-aaral para sa elementarya at sekondarya , ginawa itong 12-taon na pag-aaral na kilala sa tawag na Kto12 o K-12. Ito ang sistema na madadagdagan ng 2-taon ang dating 4-na taon ng high school (Grades 11-12 or HS Year 5-6). Dahil sa pagbabagong [...]
- Volleyball tournament highlights success in sports among OFWs
- OFWs in HK join sign-up drive vs the pork barrel system
- Labor Secretary Baldoz confirms job opportunity for OFW teachers
- DOLE Director explains requirements, salaries for prospective OFW teachers
- Summit meeting gives voice to Asian migrant workers in Hong Kong