Hundreds of domestic workers with Hong Kong locals and expatriate supporters joined the One Billion Rising dance organized by MIGRANTE International and GABRIELA Hong Kong at the Chater Road in Central, Hong Kong. This event was held in solidarity with the One Billion Rising global strike campaign lead by Eve Ensler to put an end to violence against women all over the world.
On the eve of President Aquino’s fifth State of the Nation Address (SONA), more than 500 Filipinos in Hong Kong joined the call for his impeachment in a program yesterday, July 27, at Chater Garden followed by a protest march to the Philippine Consulate General. “As a first blow to the SONA, HK OFWs say [...]
People in Gaza trapped with nowhere safe to go Oxfam launches appeal to aid families sheltering from the violence As the Gaza crisis worsens – with 170,000 people fleeing with nowhere safe to go – Oxfam Hong Kong launches an appeal for HK$2,000,000 so that families sheltering from the violence can receive urgently needed [...]
- DOJ Prosecutor General Arellano lectures on human trafficking
- Filipinos in HK greet eve of SONA with protest for accountability and responsbility
- Oxfam launches appeal to aid families sheltering from the Gaza violence
- Filipina acquitted of drug trafficking charge
- PCG Forum: Talk on Persons with Disabilities